Sunday, September 2, 2007

Is Tod Maffin The Adam Curry of Canada?

From


Adam Curry is indeed an interesting person, and you can read lots about him on the web and in an old Wired issue, but he is of no significance or help to your life whatsoever.
I point him out because there's a bit of Curry in Tod Maffin.

Adam likes attaching himself to the title "The Podfather", for reasons that he can best explain.
I prefer to think of Steve Jobs and his team as the only ones who can legitimately lay claim to the creation of the iPod phenomenon, and it's current uses.

But of course there will be those who try to leech off the sudden success of a product, and Tod Maffin thinks he has found a place for himself with the irrelevant exercise of "Podcasting".

Podcasting is basically just one thing:
sharing an audio file over the internet with anyone who's interested.
That's all it is, and ever was and will be.

Ask yourself, do I need to take up my time with listening to amateurs pretending to be interesting?
And, do I need to be doing this myself?

If you actually believe that the answer to either of these is yes, then Tod is your guy, and there's a dunce cap in your exact size.

Here's my futuristic vision, and it's naturally a no-brainer.
In due time everyone will have a portable device with 1,000 channels, some for free, and some for an on-going small fee (satellite radio).
End of story.
And it's not much of a leap to assume that there'll be both an audio version and a video version.

All technology just makes things quick, easy and convenient,
It does not improve the quality of the content.

If you have 1,000 channels, why on earth would anyone listen to Tod Maffin?
Especially when it's so much BS.
And yet still I do find him interesting.

Tod Maffin is an outstanding example of the term "audacity", as well as others.



No comments:

What's your problem?

Tod Maffin's version of absolute power.
I wrote a comment at a famous blog.
Tod didn't like it, and took the intial steps of legal action to have it removed.
He was successful.

It made me an unhappy camper.
And I happen to really like it here.

Blog Archive