Sunday, August 10, 2008

What Happens In Cuba Stays In Cuba

I'm not sure what Tod Maffin did in Cuba.

On one part of the internet it says ...

Mr. Maffin travelled to Cuba in 1996 to install computers and fax modems in five major cities to serve local Anglican congregations


On another part of the internet it says ...

He was invited by the Government of Cuba to plan and install the country’s first citizen-based national electronic mail system - a task he accomplished single-handedly on the ground in nine days.



Somewhere, these two versions converge, I suppose, but it's not clear how.

I do know that this blog is being done single-handedly, on the ground, as well.


UPDATE:


It's becoming a bit clearer ...

To install five computers with fax modems in the Church centres

Canon David Hamid and Tod Maffin of Vancouver provided the necessary training, requiring a week in the country.


No comments:

What's your problem?

Tod Maffin's version of absolute power.
I wrote a comment at a famous blog.
Tod didn't like it, and took the intial steps of legal action to have it removed.
He was successful.

It made me an unhappy camper.
And I happen to really like it here.