Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tod Maffin's Tech Support: Unreliable

Tod Maffin couldn't be bothered to write out his little whiny complaint, even when he thinks he's discovered something all by himself.
Instead, he posts a video on YouTube to confirm that he can't always think straight.

Tod's comments here are wrong in so many ways.
Technically and thoughtfully, and he should shave before showing himself to the world.

The 3G network is available all the time, anywhere, just like cellphone service.
The Wi-Fi network is only available when you are near a non-password protected hotspot.
Voicemail works fine either way.

Make life easy for yourself, Tod, and stay home.





I posted and submitted it as a Video Response but, surprise, Tod wouldn't accept it.
So I played with the title until it became a "Related video"

4 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Seemed pretty benign to me...

Allan Sorensen said...

That's part of the deception - the beniginity of it all.
But at it's root is a far more serious issue.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why you're so wound up about this guy. Sure he's self-aggrandizing, but a bit like one eye in the land of the blind, he's sort of a techno pitchman to the unwashed. There are plenty who have much deeper tech skills than this fellow of course. Why not think of him as sort of a Dotto mini-me and leave it at that? And change the dial when he starts his rants. I'm sure he's not worth all this effort on your part. Besides when you stop scratching an itch it tends to go away.

Allan Sorensen said...

My friend, you are much too reasonable.
What fun is that?

What's your problem?

Tod Maffin's version of absolute power.
I wrote a comment at a famous blog.
Tod didn't like it, and took the intial steps of legal action to have it removed.
He was successful.

It made me an unhappy camper.
And I happen to really like it here.